Friday, August 18, 2006

Brain Freeze

GOD! It seems like forever and a day since I've written here. Things are just super hectic, at home, at work, everywhere, and the weather is starting to get nice so the last place I really spend anytime is the computer.
There was the brain freeze. Kelly and I had gone shopping, and we bought a slushy to share, and they use those 1" wide straws, so when you suck you take in 1/2 the slushy and at first nothing really happens, then slowly you feel your esophagus start to get colder, then slowly your brain begins to freeze, you can feel the pain rising, getting stronger and soon your brain is completely frozen, your eyes have tears running out of them. Your in so much pain and nothing you do can ease it. You've got to stick it out you've got to get control, force more WARM blood to your brain, in hopes that shortly it will thaw out so that mind numbing pain will go away. God that pain, that excrutiating pain. There is nothing like brain freeze. Nothing at all. So Kelly has this happen to her, and we get a good laugh, hers is so bad she's practically bawling from 1) the pain and 2) from laughing so hard. So after she's done and gets control she hands me the slushy and says you try. Um excuse me, why would I want to do that, brain freezes hurt. No they don't just try. OK. Um hello brain talking here, are you stupid mouth. What's wrong w/ you, why did you answer that request w/out consulting w/ the brain, the BRAIN first. Lips shouldn't echo sounds unless consulting w/ a trained professional first, as in the BRAIN. So again I pose the question mouth are you retarded. So away we go, and take a huge HUGE sip (god my brain is freezing just thinking about it) So it goes down w/ out a hitch, and slowly my throat starts to get cold, my stomach is starting to freeze I can feel it on the inside. I've taken in so much cold liquid that regardless of my stomach acid and the internal temperature of my body (98.6 degrees) it overwhelms all that heat. The ice is winning and slowly my brain starts yelling at me from the inside, why? Why have you done this, have you been broken, has the stress of becoming a father finally become too much, an slowly the freezing builds up, my eyes start squinting, my brain has practically JUMPED out of my ear in fear of becoming completely frozen. The pain has totally increased to the point that it has not exceeded breaking a limb. God I am laughing so hard at what a dumbass I was in agreeing to do this. My wife sits in the seat next to me in the car laughing, Laughing her ass off, at how dumb I was to do that after watching her pain.

God what fun.

No comments: