Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Suddenly I See...

Appears the author of the song who's title matches mine knew what she was talking about.

I see you, watching me, watching your mother, the dog, all of it, taking it in. You watch with such concentration and dedication. Trying to figure it, us, all of it out. You learn more everyday, you make new sounds, you hold your head up more.

You have become experimental w/ your voice. Making different sounds, gurgles, giggles, high pitched screeches enough to shatter crystal (good thing we don't have any) pouty sounds when you're just plain sad.

Suddenly I see, what it all means, to be a father, to look down at you watching me w/ such admiration, making me so proud to watch you try and sit up, or watch how much you have fun when I hold you and you stand up, or when I'm giving you a bath.

Suddenly I see, what it all means, to have a son, a child to be honoured with that responsibility. All I can say is wow!!!

Suddenly, I do see!!!

Love you son

Dad

No comments: